[UCIMC-Tech] An idea for our website

Nicole Pion nicole.pion at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 10:58:54 CDT 2009

Hey everyone,

I've been reflecting on how big my job is and how many things I want to do,
but haven't been able to accomplish.  One thing I'd like to do is
communicate the AWESOME things that I see taking place here.  I think this
is part of the community connections focus, so I've included you all here
for your input.

I'd like to ask the Tech group to create a webpage on the IMC site called
"Inside the IMC" or something like that (Other ideas welcome - it doesn't
have to be so corny)...is this possible?  It would basically be a page with
the capability to upload stories and pictures.  Could it be a header one the
line with Public i RFU BTP?  I considered asking people to just submit to
the general news website as stories, but I actually think we need a our own
page so that it is clear that this is the work that is happening at the IMC.

Our role would be to invite specific people to write stories and see that
they do.  There are plenty of topics:  the SkillShare, the Indy Media and
Arts Lab, the BTP Book Sale, our new tenants, Amasong, C4A and OddMusic.  I
can't htink of a month where there hasn't been someone/thing that would make
an interesting story.

It would be a great way to digitally archive the work that people are doing
at the IMC.  Once a month, I can send out an email directing people to the
site with teasers, etc.  Basically, this is our newsletter done in a format
that is time efficient for us all.

So, what do people think?

Nicole

--