[UCIMC-Tech] Windows VPN client figured

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 13:34:13 CDT 2010

I finally got a hold of a test Windows machine and sat down to figure
out what was up with the Windows VPN client that pfSense packages. It
works after some fiddling. I wrote it up here:

https://wiki.ucimc.org/bin/view/Tech/ImcVpn

I know of one laptop user who said it messed up his wifi connection.
Here's how he got it to work again:

> I fixed it! Disregard previous whine and moan.
>
> XP was behaving normally. There's a default gateway setting in the
> advanced DHCP config, which only has room for one gateway address. I'm
> not sure what OpenVPN had that set to, but once it was uninstalled the
> setting ended up blank. I read some unfortunately worded advice that led
> me away from thinking that there was such a setting, and after
> desperately clicking random buttons that looked like they sorta had
> something to do with DHCP I found the setting. That is what XP
> networking has always been about for me--clicking random buttons that
> look like they sorta have something to do with networking.

I'll go about getting the Finance folks set up.

Brian

--
Brian Duggan
Technical Projects Developer