[UCIMC-Tech] return IP addresses to server logs?

Barry Isralewitz barryi at ks.uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 26 09:30:31 CDT 2010

Hello,

	Since the chambana.net server migration in April, the web site access
logs for thebikeproject.org have been without IP addresses.  Okay,
there are IP addresses, but they are all 127.0.0.1.  This means pretty
much no web stats are possible using the logs (so hard to track usage,
popular pages/links, response to publicity, etc), plus makes some
diagnostics/testing more difficult.

Is there a time table for returning IP addresses to the web logs?  Is
there some anonymity aspect of the independent press article-
publishing side of things that means that this just won't be
happening?  As for me, I'm only concerned with  getting IP addresses
for thebikeproject.org site logs, but other chambana.net web site
managers might now (or in future) find web logs with IP addresses
useful.

		Cheers,

		Barry

--
Barry Isralewitz
3043 Beckman, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign