[UCIMC-Tech] IMC-Communications List

Austin McCann austinmccann at ucimc.org
Fri Dec 10 15:07:18 CST 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be sending out (hopefully) an end-of-year appeal very soon, and
Danielle & I have been brainstorming about the best way to contact all of
the IMC folks. The Members list isn't quite right b/c it's only for
dues-paying members. We'd talked about creating a wholly new list for our
purposes, but I think IMC Events may be the right list to use. The list has
the following purposes:

   1. Membership drives
   2. Fundraising appeals
   3. Really, really big news (e.g. "We're losing the building!")

Could we use the Shows list to do these purposes? We could continue sending
our weekly newsletters w/ upcoming events. Or should we create another list?
IMC-Communications, perhaps? I want to invite *everyone everywhere *to join
this list. We should ideally have approx. 8,000,000 members.

Also: how does Vertical Response work? I've sent out a few emails using it,
but now the number of people we can email is drastically lowered. Is there a
way of upping the amount so we can start emailing large groups more
regularly?

Let me know ASAP!

Thanks,
Austin