[UCIMC-Tech] Room 26 -- Clearing Out the Junk

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 26 19:12:35 CST 2010

Hello Tech Folks,
Finance has come across an opportunity to have various things like CRTs
and other electronic components hauled away/recycled for free. As you
are probably aware, Room 26 in the basement is chock full of (mostly)
such items.

Given that this room has been full virtually since we moved into the
building nearly 5 years ago, this is an opportunity we should not pass
up. I know that some sorting and disposing has been done in that time,
but I suspect that much of what is in there is probably thoroughly
obsolete. Certainly anything CRT should go. Other items that have no
remaining shelf life should also go.

With the building being chock full of tenants, this space is BADLY
needed for storage or rental -- or both. When this room was first
filled, storage was bountiful and it was just one more place to stick
stuff. Now storage is a scarce resource, perhaps even a marketable
resource -- something badly needed considering that the building is
still not breaking even.

We'd like to schedule a day when Room 26 could be emptied and only the
most valuable of items in it retained, preferably by being put to use or
squirreled away elsewhere in the IMC. This way Room 26 could be rented
as storage to bring in more income. At the very least, we'd like to
mostly empty it and still have space to rent out.

Can we hear back from you on this via email or in person at Finance this
week (Jan. 28) or ASAP?
Mike Lehman

believed to be clean.