[UCIMC-Tech] Future of Paypal List was Re: WTH?

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 13 13:46:24 CDT 2010

Josh,
I am getting daily notifications from the Paypal list now, so that's fixed.

Is there any way to do a mass dump hold bin of the Paypal list? There's
nothing important in it that needs attention AFAIK.

This also brings up the issue of whether we even want to still maintain
this Paypal notification list. I don't know where all the links pointing
toward it are (used to be on the old Donate page IIRC), but I do know
that it no longer documents most Paypal payments, either. The Paypal
list is just a spam target and 99% + of the traffic is crap and not
worth the time I spent admining it..
Mike Lehman

On 6/9/2010 12:06 PM, Josh King wrote:
> I'll look through the logs when I get a chance and see if there's some
> particular reason they all got held up.
>
> On 06/09/2010 11:49 AM, Mike Lehman wrote:
>
>> Cleaning out the admins this morning and came across this message sent
>> to IMC-Info:

>>> waiting for your consideration at:
>>>
>>>      http://lists.chambana.net/mailman/admindb/imc-paypal
>>>
>>> Please attend to this at your earliest convenience.  This notice of
>>> pending requests, if any, will be sent out daily.
>>>
>> First time I ever got anything that crazy big. And in one day???
>>
>> It's actually been a long time since I looked in there for any reason,
>> so don't know why it suddenly generated this now. Can someone check the
>> settings and delete all of this, because there is no point in shuffling
>> through all of it to pick out the few relavant messages, now long stale,
>> is daunting.
>> Mike Lehman

believed to be clean.