[UCIMC-Tech] web disk FULL, please help

Barry Isralewitz barryi at ks.uiuc.edu
Wed May 5 12:18:01 CDT 2010

Hi,

	Help, the disk holding thebikeproject.org site is completely full.

Can you clear up some space (delete emergency files, etc.) right
away?  Is some out of control process eating up all space as it
becomes available?

barryi at fixx0:/var/www/docs/thebikeproject.org (((i))) df -kh /var/www/
docs/thebikeproject.org
Filesystem            Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/mirror/gm0s1f     24G     22G      0B   100%    /usr

	 The Bike Project  web people (Todd/Phil, who copy in files via SCP)
effectively can't modify files on the website.  They even had to put
up an old version of the site backup (smaller or already on disk?)
when their scp update failed.

  	The space problem is  not we Bike Project people, we are just using
1 GB

barryi at fixx0:/var/www/docs/thebikeproject.org (((i))) du -khs /var/www/
docs/thebikeproject.org
1.1G	/var/www/docs/thebikeproject.org
1.1G	total

	I may move off some bike project web files temporarily to make room
for current version of site to go back up,  but if there's something
eating up all the space as it becomes available, won't help that much...

			Cheers,

			Barry

--
Barry Isralewitz
3043 Beckman, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

believed to be clean.