[UCIMC-Tech] help/advice for RFU website

Joe Futrelle joefutrelle at gmail.com
Thu May 20 12:53:05 CDT 2010

I'm still hazy on how we'd do authz on the mp3's themselves, and which layer
(Apache? Drupal?) would serve them from the mounted fs.

But in any case, it sounds like we can make the Feeds module work, so I'm
thinking I should go ahead and develop the code that generates the .csv
file, putting whatever fields I think are going to be relevant into it--then
we can figure out how to make properly-secured, content-bearing nodes out of
it using the Feeds module and other Drupal features.

--
Joe Futrelle
Person

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Chris Ritzo <chris.ritzo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, that's the idea. Currently wrfu's site is using drupal users for
> auth, not querying the IMC ldap. But you bring up mounting a share from
> within the wrfu site, maybe even a link in the files/ directory. If we did
> it this way we could leave auth.as is.
>
> More on feeds- the module let's you map fields from the csv to fields in
> drupal nodes of a specific.content type. So we create a new content type,
> say "shows" and the feed creates/updates nodes of that type based on the
> contents of the csv & the mapped fields.
>
> Josh or Brian, can you weigh in on mounting a network share on fixx with a
> ln inside the files directory?
>
> On May 19, 2010 3:51 PM, "Joe Futrelle" <joefutrelle at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Feeds module sounds like the way to go. Is the idea to have a job on
> grimlock generate a feed file which Drupal, whose host would have the
> relevant part of grimlock's fs mounted, would periodically read? And then
> when the user clicks on a link in the generated node Drupal would serve the
> mp3 to them depending on some authz policy that would be specified (how? in
> what layer?) based on the user's LDAP identity which they got by
> authenticating to Drupal? Or is WRFU's Drupal authentication separate from
> LDAP authentication?
>
> --
> Joe Futrelle
> Person