[UCIMC-Tech] project/backpage access

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 16:33:30 CST 2010

Brian,

Just spent some time cleaning up the Open Atrium (backpage... ) install,
removing spam users, deactivated users from the past LINC classes, and made
current Americorps and Carol managers so they can access the content. You,
Josh & I are admins. We alone can create new users. This was the main issue-
the site was set to allow signup without admin confirmation. Now, only
managers and admins can access content.

My recommendation is that Carol (or whomever) access the content and migrate
it to the wiki.ucimc.org. When that's done, it would be good to get the
final go ahead & then clear all the users except admins. Then we could
install the LDAP modules and use mccoy for user auth & group mappings for
group access. I think it's a good collaboration/project tool, but maybe best
for each working group. Tech would control & update access since the
accounts would go through LDAP or have to be created for outside folks.

-Chris