[UCIMC-Tech] Help pass the Local Community Radio Act - time is running out!

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Tue Sep 7 23:02:01 CDT 2010

Dear friends,

The Local Community Radio Act <http://www.prometheusradio.org/LCRA> needs
your help to cross the finish line.

Once passed, it will open the airwaves allowing thousands of community
groups across the U.S. to operate radio stations, providing venues for the
many voices shut out by the corporate media.

The Radio Act has passed the full House and Obama is ready to sign - it just
needs to pass the Senate.  But time is running out!

HOW YOU CAN HELP

   1. Sign the petition <http://prometheusradio.org/Durbin_Petition> asking
   Senator Durbin to take a leadership role to ensure the bill’s passage in
   2010.  (http://prometheusradio.org/Durbin_Petition<http://prometheusradio.org/Durbin_Petition>
   )

   2. Follow Illinois for Community Radio on
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Illinois-for-Community-Radio/126275520734034>and
share with your friends. (
   http://www.facebook.com/pages/Illinois-for-Community-Radio/126275520734034
   *)

   *
   3. Volunteer an hour of your time to the campaign by emailing
   Danielle at PrometheusRadio.org.  This might involve circulating postcards
   to friends, staffing a booth at the farmer's market, or helping with data
   entry - whatever you prefer.

   4. Forward this email to friends in Illinois!

Want to know more?  Read my Huffington post
article.<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-vazquez/what-could-congress-do-th_b_350922.html>

thanks!
Danielle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Danielle Chynoweth
The Prometheus Radio Project
danielle at prometheusradio.org

The* Prometheus Radio Project <http://www.prometheusradio.org/> *builds
participatory radio as a tool for social justice organizing and a voice for
community expression. We envision a nationwide community radio
infrastructure made up of hundreds of independent, locally-orientated
stations, part of a global movement to put media in the hands of all people.

*
*