[UCIMC-Tech] Fax

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 16:25:42 CDT 2010

Hi Joy,

I recombobulated the phone lines in the finance office. The line goes
from the wall to the answering machine to a splitter. The splitter goes
to the phone and then to the print/fax machine.

Try sending a fax next time you're here and see how it goes. Call me if
it doesn't work. The only issue that I can think of by having the fax
permanently on the phone line is that if the fax picks up before the
answering machine, people will hear kkssshhh.... Do you know how many
rings the answering machine allows before picking up?

Thanks!
Brian

On 9/16/10 5:18 PM, JOY wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I don't remember what the status was of us having a splitter or setup so
> that we do not have to unplug phone lines, plug in fax lines, be
> available to receive a fax, etc.
>
> Can we get this to function more easily?
> Thanks,
> Joy
>
> --
> Joy Davis