[UCIMC-Tech] update on admin access and printer setup for production room, finance office

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 21:42:22 CDT 2011

Hi everyone,
This is just a quick update on some items that Brian Duggan and I worked on
this evening for Finance computers and the production room machine that Leon
uses.

*Printing*
Both the Xerox color printer and the Brother black and white printer are
online and accessible to any computer on the wired, or secure wireless
production network. I've set up the black & white printer on both Leon's
computer and Carol's desktop computer. The color printer is also set up on
Carol's computer.
Tomorrow before or after the Finance meeting we will set up both printers on
the bookkeeper's computer.

*Administrative Access to Computers*
I've made Carol's account an administrator account, so she now has full
access to administer her machine.
We have also set up an administrator account on Leon's machine and I have
provided him with the account login and password.
Tomorrow we will set up one of your accounts as administrator on the
bookkeeper's machine. Brian and Durl visited about this and he is interested
in removing old accounts from the bookkeeper computer.

*Finance Computer Backup*
Brian and Durl had an extended conversation about backups of data on the
Finance computer, and we confirmed that Kelly Finet had made backups of data
at her office when Brian went there to support her remote desktop
connection. We recommended that she might provide some free advice to
Finance about how she does backups of Quickbooks data. Additionally, Brian
walked through the Windows backup program on the Finance computer, and it is
now set to backup data to the external USB drive that is currently attached
to it.

Brian and I will be at the Finance meeting tomorrow to answer any questions
you may have. I will be there as close to 5pm as I can.

Best,
Chris