[UCIMC-Tech] Website Validation

Kristina Williams kristinawho at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 17:54:08 CST 2011

Hello all,

So the basic content of the new *public i*
site<http://newpublici.ucimc.org>it now publicly accessible. The next
hurdle: search engine optimization.
First step is to pass HTML and CSS validation. I'm using the W3C validation
services.  We passed HTML validation no problem (see report
here<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fnewpublici.ucimc.org%2F>
)
BUT --CSS didn't look so promising.  In fact, far from promising.  (see
report here<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fnewpublici.ucimc.org&profile=css21&usermedium=all&warning=1&vextwarning=&lang=en#css>)
Well, okay, it's not that bad, but the list of warnings is daunting to say
the least.

I'm relatively new to CSS code, could use a crash course (either in person
or virtually) in reading CSS and editing. Any online resources would be
helpful. Thanks!

--
Kristina Williams, News Media Coordinator
Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center <http://ucimc.org>

*Member of AmeriCorps <http://www.americorps.gov/>*