[UCIMC-Tech] Discussion with ALL IMC TECH FOLKS

Austin McCann austinmccann at ucimc.org
Tue Jan 18 12:05:16 CST 2011

Hi everyone:
I'd like to schedule a meeting with *all web/tech folks *at the IMC. If you
work on the websites of any IMC group (e.g. B2P, the Bike Project, Oddmusic,
etc.), I would really appreciate your attendance. There are a few requests
I'd like to see put in place this month, as well as a few questions that
should be opened up to all of you as a group. Tentative subjects:

   - Getting IMC "Sign up to stay in touch!" on every site
   - Individualized Membership forms on every site, i.e. "Sign up to become
   an IMC member!" with specific info re: each group
      - This will help Finance in getting reports to each group, among other
      benefits
   - Contact sharing: how to facilitate a respectful & not-data-mining sort
   of process for sharing contacts with the IMC
      - This will entail figuring out the best way to offer participation to
      your members
   - ...and anything else!

The meeting needn't be long, but it would behoove all of us to get together
and have a discussion about these issues. We're seeing transitions among
some members of our Finance group, and as we move towards greater
transparency and availability, we hope to have your voices heard about your
needs!

I'd like to schedule this meeting for late this week or early next week.
Could folks meet this Friday at 5:00pm, or next Monday at the same time?
Please let me know!

Thanks,
Austin

--