[UCIMC-Tech] Request for CUCPJ listserv hosted by Chambana.net

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Mon Nov 7 18:00:39 CST 2011

Hey IMC tech group,

I am emailing to see if chambana.net would host the CU Citizens for Peace
and Justice listserv.  I have hosted it at Dreamhost for years, but I will
be closing that account which I don't use except for the CUCPJ listserv.

I would go to some free listserv like yahoo groups, but if there is one
group in our circles that is vulnerable to corporate and state collusion to
censor and do surveillance it is the CUCPJ listserv since we organize
around issues such as abuse in the criminal justice and policing systems.
Our members have been brought up on felony eavesdropping charges, been
targeted with retaliatory charges, and are followed by the police.  That
said, for the record, we do not break the law nor will be be using the
listserv to break laws.  We focus on policy change, education, and reform.

Please consider hosting our listserv. Quick question: we have archives in
.txt format going back to 2006. If there is any way to repopulate the new
listserv with those archives, that would be great.  The old listserv was
also mailman. If not, no big deal - we can simply download and store.

thanks tech group!

- Danielle