[UCIMC-Tech] Computer help

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 07:09:17 CST 2011

Leon,
I already connected with you on this, but I wanted to respond to your list
message for more clarity.

This issue is really not something that the Tech group is able to help you
with. Our work is now focused on tech infrastructure and building services
that can generate some revenue to become self supporting. It's my hope that
we could employ someone again, perhaps an Americorps member to provide such
services as you describe, and that our past Americorps member was asked to
do regularly.

I personally took a few minutes to help troubleshoot the issue yesterday,
but it is not a function of the Tech group to provide direct support to
Americorps computers. I'd refer you to my list post here that outlined what
our group's focus is:
http://lists.chambana.net/pipermail/imc-tech/2011-August/005222.html

Ideally, the Americorps program can also add a tech support line item in
its budget to help provide this type of tech support to its staff. I've
spoken to Ms. Ammons regarding this necessity, and perhaps we should
revisit it. Maybe it would be an agreement between the Americorps program
and the Tech group, with budgeted funds allocated to provide support
through the Help Desk or by tech group volunteers. We can talk more about
this.

In this case, I will work with you to help fix the issue on your machine. I
also have some work to finish with Ms. Ammons' computer. However moving
forward, we need to define some agreement about this type of support.

Best regards,
Chris R.
UCIMC Tech Group

Hey guys,

Leon here, The computer I use that is in the production office. I was
switching computer screens. I disconnected the old screen and as soon as I
connected the new one, the computer like shut off. Didn't think to much of
it. I needed to re-arrange the computer part, so I unplugged it. Finally
got everything back in place, with new screen, and when it got to the
screen to enter username, it looks as if the picture is blew way up. and
the internet is not functional. Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

--
Building Coordinator
Leon McGee