[UCIMC-Tech] IMC Board of Directors nominations - renew your membership to vote

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Sat Oct 1 15:41:53 CDT 2011

This is an exciting time as the organization undertakes a renewal,
visioning, and restructuring process to accommodate the momentous growth we
have seen since we purchased the post office building in 2005.

I hope all IMC members, volunteers, supporters, and those who care about the
organization will attend our *General Membership meeting Oct 9 from 2-4 pm *at
the IMC.

We will be considering *changes in the bylaws and structure documents* to
constitute a working board of directors for the IMC that is democratically
elected to take on the historic roles of the finance working group
(finances, fundraising, personnel, facilities).  You can review the proposed
changes in detail here:
http://ucimc.org/content/uc-imc-general-membership-meeting-oct-9-2011

We will also be *electing a board of directors*.  As per our current bylaws,
nominations for members of the board of directors must be posted to this
email listserv 7 days before the general membership meeting. Members in good
standing (have paid $25-50 dues in the past 12 months, are a lifetime member
due to a one time $1000 donation, or have been given a membership fee
reduction by a working group) will be eligible to vote.

Please *RENEW YOUR IMC
MEMBERSHIP<http://ucimc.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=1>
* if you haven't already so you can *VOTE* at the meeting.

If you don't know whether or not you are a member, contact our Treasurer
Durl Kruse at jandurl at comcast.net.

A group of IMC members (Durl Kruse, Gary Storm, Danielle Chynoweth, and
Brian Dolinar) have been recruiting nominees for the board, tapping a
diverse group of those with a commitment to the mission of the IMC who also
have the skills needed for this work (finances, fundraising, personnel,
facilities). We sent out a message a week ago asking any member to send
ideas or nominees to Gary.

*We nominate the following people to the UCIMC board of directors*.  I have
indicated where we are still waiting on acceptance of nomination.

If bylaws changes are approved, all those who receive 2/3 of the total votes
cast by IMC members at the meeting will serve for one year.

BOARD NOMINEES:
Linda Abernathy (awaiting acceptance)
Danielle Chynoweth
Ricardo Diaz
Belden Fields
Candy Foster (awaiting acceptance)
David Green
Delores Henry
Durl Kruse
Martel Miller
Safiya Noble (awaiting acceptance)
Chris Ritzo
Ken Salo (awaiting acceptance)
Gary Storm

In addition, the structure document changes, if accepted, will allow the
board to place non-voting advisory members to the board. In case the
structure document change is not approved, I am adding following nominees
who currently serve on our board:

Sascha Meinrath
Bob McChesney (awaiting acceptance)

These members will introduce themselves at the GMM prior to the vote.

Thanks everyone for all you hard work and love for the IMC and its programs!

- Danielle Chynoweth
- Finance Working Group member