[UCIMC-Tech] install libneon to get Subversion working? [was: svn not working]

Barry Isralewitz barryi at ks.uiuc.edu
Fri Sep 2 16:52:43 CDT 2011

Hello,

On Aug 30, 2011, at 9:24 AM, Barry Isralewitz wrote:

> Hi Tech,
>
> 	A problem with Subversion...
>
> barryi at fixx0: svn status
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libneon.so.28" not found, required by "svn"
>
>   In years past, svn worked fine from my account.  I haven't been using it for a while (2010) on chambana systems, so the problem may not be a recent change

  Thanks as always, tech folks, for all the work on keeping these machines going.  Have a request...

  Could you install libneon?  The installed build of svn is dependent on it.  Life is easier with version control; it would be good to get svn working again.  If there's some easier way to get svn going, then I'm all for that.

barryi at fixx0:~ (((i)))   ldd /usr/local/bin/svn | grep 'not found'
	libneon.so.28 => not found (0x0)
	libneon.so.28 => not found (0x0)
	libneon.so.28 => not found (0x0)
	libneon.so.28 => not found (0x0)

	Thanks for any help you can provide...

			Cheers,

			Barry

--
Barry Isralewitz
3043 Beckman, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign