[UCIMC-Tech] IMC Telephone system in the basement

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 10 16:59:23 CDT 2011

Just a bit of history on the old BTP line, of which I'm uncertain who
installed it. The issue was that it was basically a partyline extension
to the main IMC office phone. Once Americorps came along, two issues
came up with that. The 344-8820 # is far busier. And for various
contractual and legal reasons, the main office phone needed to have a
dedicated, not a shared line.

The second Comcast line currently in use is -- I think -- the RFU studio
line. Again, it needs to be a dedicated line for FCC rule compliance
reasons, since people on it could potentially be on the air.

So any solution that works is OK, particularly if there's no additional
cost. However, when this was last evaluated, a third line would be
required, which was going to be an additional cost.
Mike Lehman