[UCIMC-Tech] Odd Email Subscription Behavior

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 30 16:43:55 UTC 2012

I noticed that someone using the following address requested to be
subscribed to a large number of lists.chambana.net mail groups.

thomas at parker.iz34.com

It's possible this is legit -- do we have a eager new volunteer wanting
to get involved with virtually everything happening at the IMC? On the
other hand, many of these lists are moribund and not really in use,
suggesting that whoever it is may not have a clue and may simply be
trying to figure out exploits based on list membership.

Since I suspect that something's not quite right with this mass
subscription behvior, I discarded the request for this list. Please
advise if there was a legitimate basis for all these requests that I may
not be aware of.
Mike