[UCIMC-Tech] Fwd: [RFU] Website

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 15:14:13 UTC 2012

Stewart,
Thanks for forwarding this on. We need volunteers from WRFU to take over
managing the WRFU site. Pat had been given access to it earlier this
summer. It's an older version of Drupal, so I'm sure it's outdated and
insecure.

My suggestion would be to get one or two people interested in migrating the
site content to a new website. That can be the group's choice- static
website, Drupal CMS, Wordpress, etc. I can set up a test site and folks
from WRFU can get access to both, then copy content you want to keep to the
new site. Once you're ready, we can turn off the old site.

I also wonder if WRFU folks have discussed automation systems recently. We
have a test server running Airtime for a group of WRFU folks to try out. It
has a built in streaming server and allows login from anywhere to control &
manage programs, playlists, schedules, etc.  I'm seeking some folks
interested in demoing this.

Chris