[UCIMC-Tech] publishing news at ucimc.org

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 14 01:00:16 UTC 2013

Chris,
Thanks! Much better.

A few notes...

Content and Comments both work for anonymous posting. However, Comments
go into the Moderation Queue, rather than being published immediately,
so it will require checking periodically to admin them through. I
thought there was a setting somewhere that controlled this behavior, but
I haven't yet found  it again. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as use
ramps back up with better access, but would be nice to be back to open
published comments at some point.

I will also watch the new User registrations. Just before the old site
was taken down, I cleaned out all the cruff/spammer Users. Already
busted two of them and will continue to do that with those users who
exhibit the typical random gibberish usernames, .ru domains, etc.
Mike