[UCIMC-Tech] More Website Wackiness

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 1 23:24:00 UTC 2013

OK, I broke it earlier in the day under my extra account I use for
testing now that anonymous testing is longer possible. The website just
gives me a page not found error instead of the main page.

Coming back a few hours later, I can log in on my editor account and
everything displays right, although things are still broke under my
alter ego regular person account.

A couple of things observed in the temp logs as errors in both cases
were strings of supposed access attempts listed under the account I was
logged in under. They all refer to "page not found" for what are sets of
about 15 different images. Got no idea why that's happened, as I made no
attempts to view those files. I think I first noticed this a week or so
back, after the last changes to the site were made, but wasn't quite
sure of what was going on to describe it. So this was around prior to
things going belly up this afternoon and may be totally unrelated to the
current issue.

BTW, the "spam filter" is apparently configured in some weird fashion
that makes otherwise normal posting virtually unusable, but that's
probably a long conversation so I won't go into all the ins and outs of
it making a PITA of trying just to see if the website works. Who knows
what random legit people think when they wonder in the door and
encounter its discouraging presence...
Mike