[UCIMC-Tech] [RFU] WRFU studio computer

Stuart Levy salevy at illinois.edu
Thu Nov 28 15:34:29 UTC 2013

Worried about the "Run-time error 13: Type mismatch" from the Nicom
software.  The last time that happened, it was because the CPU in the
transmitter had flaked out.   The transmitter kept working (with no way
to monitor it), but wouldn't come up after the next power-cycle - we had
to send it back to Nicom for repair, a couple weeks' downtime and a few
hundred dollars.

Don talked with me about this.   I think it would be good to rule out a
serial-cable problem by bringing a laptop up to the transmitter and
plugging it in directly to see if we get the same answer.   Anyway let's
hope for no power glitches.