[UCIMC-Tech] email troubles at chyn at ucimc.org

Chris Ritzo critzo at chambana.net
Thu Jul 17 19:56:09 EDT 2014

Cool. I will review the message. It would be useful to know from a
person who sent a message you did not receive got any sort of
notification from our servers. I realize this may not be possible or
convenient to ask, and that's ok. What it might confirm would be whether
the sender's email server was mis-configured in some way, triggering a
bounce back from mail.chambana.net. Our server is configured pretty
strictly to reduce spam. I think this may be an outlying possibility
however. Another possibility is that Google may have flagged the
forwarded message as spam.

I talked to Josh about switching that address to a redirect, and he was
not sure that it would really change anything.

Another short term option would be to have you connect to the @ucimc.org
account using Apple Mail or another Mail program using IMAP. If you want
to try this let me know.

Alternately, we will just simply need to try monitoring this until we
can talk with you more about moving @ucimc.org email and lists to a more
accessible platform for IMC to manage directly. We're ready to start
that conversation as soon as you have bandwidth to.

-Chris