[UCIMC-Tech] Mailman 2.1.18? - DMARC: Yahoo vs internet mailing lists

Josh King jking at chambana.net
Thu May 8 22:21:42 EDT 2014

To be honest, I'm not entirely clear how wrap message works. On further
inspection, I think what they're talking about with DKIM is just that
using 'Mung From' makes DKIM possible for lists, whereas before it
really wasn't. DKIM associates a cryptographic key with a particular
domain, but given that mailinglists typically have the 'From' address be
that of the original sender of the message, the DKIM key is mismatched
and so Mailman usually strips out DKIM headers. Since this function
changes the 'From' address to be the list and the 'Reply-to' to be the
original sender, DKIM should work where it usually wouldn't. But despite
their confusing wording, I don't think it's _necessary_. I would
probably try 'Mung from' first.