[UCIMC-Tech] pi DNS

John Rosheck john.rosheck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 22:16:31 EST 2016

HI All,

I would like to get the three raspberry pi's we have in the makerspace added
to the internal DNS.  The MAC addresses:

PI1 : b8:27:eb:87:d5:cc
PI2 : b8:27:3b:3f:5f:b8
PI3 : b8:27:eb:da:51:fe

The last time I was in the makerspace I noticed that the cisco router
isn't be used anymore.
It seems that a netgear switch is being used in its place.  There is
also a D-link wireless
switch across the room that seems to be doing the wireless access.

I logged onto both the wired and wireless and ended up with
192.168.11.158/24 and 192.168.11.157/24 resp.

Also, I could ping mccoy but couldn't bring up the
pi.makerspaceurbana.org website.  It
would be nice if that it reachable from inside too.

Let me know if I can help out with this.  Given the situation at the
university its probably
in my own selfish interest to keep my admin skills usable.

John