[IMC-US-tech] Site set-up proposal -- offer from the Acorn Active Media Worker Collective.

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Dec 31 19:36:50 CST 2003

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, max wrote:

> this sounds perfect. but it's probably something that should be
> approved of by the larger group (as far as a permanent link to Acorn
> and a story).  maybe we can consent on this list and then offer it as a
> bona-fide tech proposal instead of just an idea.

i like this idea -- ensure there's consensus on the tech side of things,
and then go to the IMC-US group in case there are are any major concerns.
i think that with the tech team overseeing stuff and Acorn putting some
time and energy behind things that we could be up and running within a
month or two.

so next steps would be -- 1. get a consensus that this is a good idea on
this group (anyone object?); 2. create a canonical list of what needs to
happen to become fully operational; 3. get started on implementing what
needs to happen.

if folks can put together a list (numero 2 above) then we can allocate
tasks and get started immediately -- anyone want to reiterate all the
different tasks we need to accomplish before going live?

--sascha