[IMC-US-tech] task list update:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Sun Oct 19 11:22:04 CDT 2003

hi all,

> IMC-US TASK LIST:
>
> TECHNICAL:
>
> 1.  syndication - ben is working on this
>
> 2. domain
>       -the domain indymedia.us has been registered by William Aal.  Does
> anyone know this person and whether he is involved with IMC-US?  Max
> will contact him if no one is already in contact with him.

i sent an e-mail to william aal last week and still haven't heard back.
i'll follow up with another e-mail (and cc the tech group so everyone's in
the loop).

> DESIGN/LAYOUT:
> there's some design work that needs to get done before the site can go
> live.
>
> 1. creating appropriate graphics for the site, specifically a final
> version of the banner.
>

> LOGISTICAL:
>
> 1. setting up an editorial collective, specifically creating an email
> list and announcing this list to IMCs involved in IMC-US.  the
> editorial collective should hash out an editorial policy for the IMC-US
> and be responsible for maintaining up to date, accurate content for
> IMC-US.  also figuring out something regarding open publishing newswire
> - whether we're going to have one or not, where it will can be accessed
> if we do decide to have one etc.

i could set up an IMC-US-Editorial list -- but it may make more sense to
"morph" the existing IMC-US list into the Editorial list.  i don't think
the imc-us list has much of a purpose unless it's the editorial collective
of this IMC...  but what do folks think.

--sascha