[IMC-US-tech] Acorn Media: redesign?

max max at michiganimc.org
Fri Jan 2 19:54:12 CST 2004

we at the michiganIMC have been working on a significant redesign for
our website.
you can view the latest templates at

http://michiganimc.org/~max/version6.html
and
http://www.mediamouse.org/michimc/

someone else is also working on another template that will supposedly
be pretty different in design, but the basic layout goals are the same.
we're trying to make the IMC website experience more colorful and
dynamic, so we have more pictures and room for stories of different
'priorities' (main headline, less important features, commentary, etc.)
as well as areas for regional coverage.  it's high time that the IMC
design has a major overhaul, so we looked at a lot of corporate news
sites which do a much better job of presenting information, for our
design inspiration.

would you all be interested in implementing a design like this for the
IMC-US?
we are definitely planning on making this or something like it our
website design; if we wanted to do this for the US site, then it would
be (I think) better for the US site and, if Acorn was on board to help
with implementation and syndication, it would make it easier for us as
well.

It would slow down our timeline a bit (we'll to tweak dada thumbnail
creation among other things), but probably not that much as we need to
figure out many things anyways. I think if we're going to do IMC-US, it
should be done right, and the redesign is a vast improvement over the
default "stacking" article design.

feedback please,

max