[IMC-US-tech] IMC-US & Acorn Active Media

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Sat Jan 3 17:22:08 CST 2004

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, max wrote:

> I would like to hear what people think about the redesign that I
> proposed before we move forward.  do people want to develop and have a
> new look/feel/layout for the IMC-US?
>
> I support working with Acorn Active Media as proposed by Sascha.

i very much like the redesign -- it's really crisp and readable -- having
multiple levels of feature imporance is a nice addition.   it would be
nice to see the entire page without having to scroll -- maybe with
rollovers of some sort or certain scrolling segments of the website -- but
perhaps that's for the next generation of website.

i'd like to see us implement the IMC-US site ASAP, but if diff files are
being kept, we should be able to change the look pretty quickly.  i think
that tech and graphic development can happen in parallel, but if someone
knows something i don't know, please correct me.

--sascha