[IMC-US-tech] IMC-US & Acorn Active Media

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Sun Jan 4 13:28:21 CST 2004

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, Joshua Breitbart wrote:

> I think the template max put forth is amazing:
> http://michiganimc.org/~max/version6.html
> and
> http://www.mediamouse.org/michimc/
>
> The name Acorn Active Media conjures associations with the
> Association of Community Organizers fo Reform Now. I assume there's
> no connection...

There's no connection between the two organizations.

> What does a "a feature story for the first two weeks after the site
> goes live" mean? Usually, a feature is a feature forever, and scrolls
> down chronologically as new stories get posted. Are you suggesting
> that the feature on the site inauguration should be different?

This just means that they'd like the feature to remain on the front page
for two weeks before it moves off (which might involve updating the
timestamp if there's a lot of stories).  I just checked the global
Indymedia site and the last feature story on the front page is from Dec.
20th, so it could be that there wouldn't be a need to do anything, but the
idea is to ensure at least a brief bit of time on the frontpage for the
story.

--Sascha