[IMC-US-tech] My Disappeared Proposal

Garth Liebhaber garthliebhaber at care2.com
Sun Jan 18 19:04:28 CST 2004

hola mis amigos,

I was wondering why after last week I posted a constructive proposal to move us forward I had heard nothing.  Alas, the
effort has vanished, it is not on my email, it is not in any of the archives of the lists I sent it to.  Sigh.  I spent a good amount
of time on it, making it nice and concise.

In a nutshell, I had proposed that tech tell us what our site needs were so that a comprehensive solicitation for support
could be made.  I had proposed that with help I could make a list of every potential us imc listserve.  I noted that Chicago
never recieved solicitations on either our tech list nor are working list.  If we were successful, I think we would better
answer concerns by going with a diverse tech support for the project.

on the issue of ACORN, I had asked some specific questions that concerned Chicago, particularly issues of doner capture.
Specifically I asked if ACORN would be a recipient of the $200,000 Soros grant that U-C recently recieved.  While Chicago
is limited in U-C's internal decision-making process, in this case we would be compelled to block such involvement in the
IMC-US project as the Soros funds have been linked to some rather nasty deals involving major doner capture.  (I can find
the details on this issue if anyone wants).

I also raised some questions on why the group formed outside of IMC, and if those reasons are perhaps self-defined
reasons that should limit involvment of the group in name (not necesarily people).  I think I asked specifically if this
separation with IMC (as an IMC working group or project) was because an important element is to provide employment for
the ACORN members.  Bear in mind, I am not necesarily faulting ACORN for wanting to get paid for the work it loves, I'm
raising the point (as have others) if this is appropriate to the IMC project.

Lastly, I don't mean to snub the offer of ACORN, perhaps it will turn out as something works very well.

Hoping to move forward in a good way,
Garth
Chicago-IMC

It's 2004 - time to gear up for November's Presidential election. Which candidate do you support? http://www.care2.com/go/z/election04