[IMC-US-Tech] Re: [IMC-US] Indymedia election plans

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Fri Oct 15 09:15:26 CDT 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Tribal Scribal wrote:

> Excellent! One thing on this end though: i've never seen the site!  :O
> Sad but true, Can someone post the url?  I tried old ones, but no luck.

It's now up at:  us.indymedia.org (yeah!).

> I'd be glad to work on either the email or the pr when i return late this
> afternoon (EST). I'll check-in here  then to see if anyone else has already
> done that. Also, can you guys post a few bullet points on what needs to be
> said to use as a guideline?

That would be great if you could do a first-run of the press release.  I'd
suggest having information about:

1. What is the IMC-US site.
2. Why it's needed (i.e., election coverage).
3. How it's an inter-US-IMC collaboration (the first(?) national
collaboration of IMC-stas).
4. How it connects local stories and will be an outlet for connecting
local stories to the larger (trans)national context.

Anyone have other thoughts and ideas?

--Sascha