[IMC-US-Tech] Re: [IMC-US] Indymedia press release draft #1

max max at michiganimc.org
Fri Oct 15 19:15:08 CDT 2004

I changed a bit in the first paragraph and replaced the mission statement at
the end.

max

*******************

For immediate release:

U.S. Indymedia goes live

With the U.S. presidential election just weeks away, and as the FBI and
other agencies step up their repression of independent media, U.S.
Indymedia announces the launch of its website (http://us.indymedia.org).
The U.S. Indymedia site is a network of solidarity and communication
between communities engaged in struggles for social, environmental and
economic justice. Linking autonomous US-based IMCs, U.S. Indymedia features
a syndicated wire of all feature articles published by participating
US-IMCs.  The site features original content from local Independent Media
Centers as well as content exclusive to the U.S. site.  Because of its
scope, U.S. Indymedia draws connections between local issues and makes them
relevant to a larger audience.

As with all IMC sites, the U.S. Indymedia newswire offers people the option
to become the media by posting their articles, analysis, videos, audio
clips and artwork directly to the web site, but the U.S. IMC encourages
readers to visit their local sites first (listed in the left-hand column)
and participate in their community. The U.S. IMC's main goal is to present
local features from Independent Media Centers across the United States and
to feature stories that are of immediate critical importance nationally.

Indymedia is a grassroots network committed to using media production and
distribution as tools for promoting social and economic justice. We are
dedicated to addressing issues that the mainstream media neglects. We hope
to empower people to "become the media" by providing democratic access to
available technologies and information.   There are currently 143
autonomous Independent Media Centers around the world.

Visit the site at: http://us.indymedia.org/en/  or  in Spanish at:
http://us.indymedia.org/es/

For further information contact the U.S. IMC at: