[IMC-US-Tech] last minute changes

john duda john at manifestor.org
Fri Oct 29 12:10:43 CDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 08:06:15PM -0400, daniel scott wrote:
> first off i apologize if i am addressing issues that have already
> been covered. ignore these if that is the case. I think this site looks
> amazing and will quickly become a valuable resource for many.
>
> danscott
> -nycimc
>
> 2. Remove the topics module
> Topics module on the left side has empty links. it should be taken off
> till its ready.

this is working again now

> 3. Center page
> With a three column fixed width site i think it would look better if
> the site was centered on the page.

if someone supplies some cross browser css code, i'd be happy to put
this in,

> 4. Resize back pages
> All Back pages need to be resized to the fixed width

not sure what you mean....

> 5. Align the columns at the bottom of the site.
> The syndicated column goes almost twice as far down as the center and
> left column. this makes sense logically in terms of highlighting local
> sights, but it looks like shit. if we square off the site we would
> still have around 10 - 16 syndicated articles, and the site would have
> a clear end with a read more link.

i think this may be a consequence of the fixed width....somehow before
i think the difference in column heights wasn't quite so apparent,
anyway, i've tweaked this a bit

> 6. Reformat dates on top of the back pages
> The dates need some explaination and they should be moved up or next to
> the main header and italicized. maybe they should be move off to the
> left or bottom. Right now they are confusing.
>
> About us: Page updated on 24 Aug 2004 03:10GMT.

hmm...seems i've left european date format on....

> 7. About us page spacing
> Space should be made between the main categories

this can be done in the admin by whoever was working on the page.

> 8. Search page needs to match the sites colors.
>
> 9. Despite useit wisdom, i think that when clicking a link that takes
> you to a local site a new window should be created. If its possible to
> make the new window open up at a smaller size above the US window then
> people using full screen browser displays wont get confused.

i vehemently disagree.

> brief bug: *** the syndicated links did not have local imc names for
> about 5 minutes ***

my bad.  it won't reoccur.