[IMC-US-Tech] eff tech list

sing and dance! jenka at indymedia.org
Mon Aug 1 09:41:23 CDT 2005

FYI

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/archives/003854.php
EFF Launches Cooperating Techs Listserv July 29, 2005

Service Will Connect Technologists with Civil Liberties Cases

Are you a technologist  interested in helping  out on civil  liberties
cases? Are you   an attorney   looking  for some  help   understanding
technical issues  in lawsuits? EFF is   setting up a listserv  to help
connect technologists to attorneys  on  cases that  are core to  EFF's
mission but beyond what we can handle in-house.

Over the years, EFF has connected hundreds  of tech-savvy lawyers with
potential clients through our Cooperating Attorneys listserv. This has
worked so well, we thought we'd provide the same service for those who
need technical assistance on litigation and civil liberties issues.

Here's how the  Cooperating Techs  list  will work: Attorneys  needing
technical assistance on  cases will  contact us and  let us  know what
kind of help they need and whether they  can pay. After we receive the
request and determine if it is appropriate  for our list, we'll post a
note to  the  list  with a  basic   description of  the  project. (For
example: "CA attorney  needs a tech  familiar  with Microsoft Exchange
servers to assist   in recovering  allegedly  deleted email   messages
needed for lawsuit. Can pay reduced fee.")

If you're  on the list and  are qualified and interested,  you contact
us,  and  we'll connect  you to  the   attorney. That's it.  EFF won't
investigate or vouch for either  side -- we  don't have those kinds of
resources. We'll simply provide the connection.

Interested    in being   an   Cooperating   Tech?  Send  a    note  to
cooptechs at eff.org with your name, email address, and the city/state in
which you reside, and we'll add you to the list. If you're an attorney
facing a tech civil liberties issue and could use some technical help,
send a  note  to  techhelp at eff.org, and  we'll  try to  help  you find
someone.

Posted by Donna Wentworth at 08:08 AM