[IMC-US-Tech] Re: [Imc-us-editorial] introduction

john duda john at manifestor.org
Wed Feb 23 19:12:36 CST 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 05:00:56PM -0800, roblock at riseup.net wrote:
> Hey, um I don't know if this should go to the whole list but i'm being
> frustrated by the sydication of houston features to us-imc. It's only showing
> the titles. I manualy put the story with html in the abstact box and and the
> content box and saved it and it didn't show it on the featurewire. Does it take
> a while to refresh or something? I want to promote it to the center colum, but
> am afraid it will be empty (I also don't know if it's something people want).

in general you can send stuff to imc-us-tech.

but in terms of houston syndication, i was just looking at this today.
it was set to pull the long features, but i discovered that houston's
long feed was invalid and breaking mir's rss parser,so i switched it
back to the short version.

plugging your long feed into the feed validator:

http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fhouston.indymedia.org%2Fsyn%2Fproduction_features_long.rdf

we get the following error message:

This feed does not validate.

      line 56, column 29: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x93 in position 4184: unexpected code byte (maybe a high-bit character?) [help]

A counter-conference called ?Love Won! We?re Out: Mind, Body, and Soul? also ...

I ran into this problem a while ago, and got an sf-active developer to
fix it....but i don't know the details.  i'd say try to find mark on
irc and ask him....

here's  the message where the fix is announced to the sf-active list:

http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/imc-sf-active/2004-November/1128-x5.html