[IMC-US-Tech] help needed with taco bell page

john duda john at manifestor.org
Tue Mar 1 09:16:49 CST 2005

seems like you're doing alright....

regarding audio/video...if you're on the page where you edit articles,
you can go down to the bottom, below all the text fields, and there
should be a section in the lower right hand corner called
attachements.

if you're adding a new audio or video file, click upload audio(or
video), which will give you a form for uploading a media item, and
which will automatically attach the media item to the article you were
editing.  make sure to click the publish checkbox on the media upload
form, otherwise it won't show up.  if you want to upload multiple
files at the same time, make sure to change the number at the top
before filling in the other fields.

if there's a file you already uploaded(e.g. 'leaving imokalee'), you
can click on "add audio" on the article editing page, and this will
let you attach a media file to the article by picking it out of a
list.

in terms of promoting, i see that you or someone else figured that you
can take the talahassee article, go to new article in mir, and set the
article type to "Syndicated Local Feature" to get it to show up on the
righthand newswire.  there's a button that says promote on the article
editing page which will allow you to move things from the newswireto
the center column.

john