[Imc-web-editor] Cracked Captchas?

David Gehrig gehrigspamtrap at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 14:27:43 CST 2007

Here's what's up.

I've just hidden over a dozen spams.

Josh switched us to the newest version of Drupal, a week or so ago (if
I rememebr right; he told me this Wednesday) and apparently the way
the captcha stuff is set up changed inadvertently. So that's what the
difference has been.

I don't seem to be able to get it back to the way we had it before
with the "type in this word" bit. Right now it's on the "do a simple
math" version instead, which should stop the flow.

There's also been a flow of fake registration of users; if it's all
right with everyone, I'd like to purge the database of users who never
got around to replying to their user confirmation letter.

I'll see what I can find out about getting the captchas to act like
they used to, but at least for now the spam should stop.

@%<