[Imc-web-editor] Cracked Captchas?

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 29 14:59:55 CST 2007

David,
Thanks for the update. That should help. I'm glad it seems to be a
settings problem, rather than the spammers getting the technology to
defeat our technology.

Dan,
Let's see it we can figure out how to get us back to the alphabetical
word version of captchas in the new Drupal, as this will likely give us
better security. Also, the way things are set now, an anonymous user
gets a notice at the top of the page as if they already have answered
the math problem incorrectly, even though they'be just gone to an
article to read it.

As for unused user accounts, here's what I propose. Anything that looks
like it might be a legit user name has one week after registration to
log in. Anything that looks like random crap can be deleted after 24
hours if not used. If this is OK with everyone, then we should post text
about this on the new user registration page so that any whining about
it can be dealt with by referring the complainer to the policy noted
there. This will eliminate the random carping about this, like we had
from IP.
Mike Lehman