[Imc-web] Inane Pics in Media Gallery

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 9 15:09:18 CST 2002

We seem to have had a visitation from someone cleaning out their image
files. It's a bunch of stuff that looks like someone's vacation pics,
along with a few Spongebob Squarepants. The only thing even approaching
news or opinion content is a couple of pics of the M&Ms smoking some
dope.

This began with single pics at a time a couple of days back, easy enough
to ignore in the grand scheme of things. But sometime today (it would be
really nice to at least have dates and times on these files to help
analyze what's going on) whoever is up to this posted 14 more, which
leaves the Media Gallery looking like a bunch of throwaways at the photo
lab. I believe that this falls under our policy on flooding, although in
a new and peculiar way. If someone had toasted our Newswire in this way,
it would be more obnoxious and I would have had no doubt how to proceed
at this point.

I wanted to run this by everyone before hiding them, since (unless this
problem has been fixed) they can't be easily unhidden later, but I do
think they should be taken down. I can't see how they could be pics for
a later story that someone plans to use either. They only clue to what
they are is a cigarette machine that appears to have Dutch writing on it
in the background of a couple of the pics (which maybe explains the
dopey M&Ms?)

What do people think?