[Imc-web] Web meeting notes, 12/11/02

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Wed Dec 11 21:17:25 CST 2002

Web group meeting notes, 12/11/02

Attending: Paul R. (facilitating), Mike L., Kevin H., Clint (note-taking),
Danielle, Jason Merrick

Intros were done.

Editing/Content: Disdcussion of how editing works, who becomes an
editor, how long do editors serve, the necessary web of trust, etc.
It was agreed that if an editor goes MIA, their account should be
disabled for security concerns.  There was a discussion of how we tend
to concentrate on local issues and local authors, but we also mirror
important issues (9/11).

Danielle mentions that imc-newsroom should not be a discussion of
radio news, but rather events converage coordination and story
references.   Also, we should do more invitations of people to post
and cover news.

Mike points out that we might formalize qualities of a good feature,
so that new editors can have an idea of how to select features for
reporting.

Paul mentions that we should also recognize the potential as editors
to _create_ features, e.g. by linking together content from other
sites.

Layout:  New members of web group will give feedback to list.

Web will meet 2nd and 4th meetings at 7pm, with the next meetings
being January 8th and 22nd.

Adjourned.

			-Clint