[Imc-web] front page redesign ideas

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Fri Oct 18 14:20:54 CDT 2002

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 02:12:17PM -0500, Danielle Chynoweth wrote:
> Hi Kids -
>
> Attached is a txt file of homepage redesign suggestions.  I am going to
> start working with Clint on Wednesdays to implement some of these.  Please
> review if you wish and send concerns to this list.

Some thoughts:

> - change top nav to: about, publish, get involved, donate, newspaper, radio, library, gallery, shows (same order as participate)

That might get busy.

> - change "info library" to about ucimc
> - add login to "about ucimc" and remove from front page

I really think that "login" should be on the page, because otherwise
people won't login, and logging in keeps them from having to type
their personal information every time the post.

> - remove hello feature - what's its function?

To let you know you are logged in.  It's pretty typical of web sites
that allow logging in (e.g. yahoo) but I don't have a strong
preference as to whether it stays.

> - move media gallery to another place so publish can rise and be removed from top nav

I can't grok that sentence.  What is "publish" and how would it
"rise?"

> - list on-going stories - allow publishers to catagorize their stories in these areas

Can you elaborate?

Other than those questions/concerns, everything you wrote looks good
to me.

				-Clint