[Imc-web] [Imc-info] Map of U.S. Terror Infrastructure from the NYC IMC!!

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Sat Feb 8 20:05:22 CST 2003

would someone like to work on this?

--sascha

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 18:46:19 -0500 (EST)
From: Sina Choi <sc737 at columbia.edu>
To: info at ucimc.org
Subject: [Imc-info] Map of U.S. Terror Infrastructure from the NYC IMC!!

Hey everyone,

Greetings from the New York City IMC!  We've produced this great, detailed
map of all the terrorist and war-making infrastructure in America, to help
point out the hypocrisy of this war.  (www.indypendent.org/terrormap.html)
We want to talk to other IMCs about getting this out across the country as
fast as we can, and maybe having it as a joint fundraiser with you.  At a
minimum we want you to know that it's out there.  This map uncovers all the
bloody details of America's status as the world's largest maker and seller
of weapons, training and terrorist know-how.  There was some serious
research that went into this: more than a hundred entries of where the
nuclear/chemical/bio warfare labs and stockpiles are, the training schools
for third world thugs and the towns where our home-grown war criminals live,
details of the biggest weapons companies and pro-war think tanks, and more.

We really think this is a great tool for raising awareness about the
hypocrisy of this war: how do we attack Iraq for yet-to-be-proven weapons of
mass destruction when we're the biggest maker of them all?  We've got a pdf
of this 36"x24" color map at www.indypendent.org/terrormap.html and we'd
love for people to download it and do whatever they want with it.  We're
also taking orders for high-quality posters of the map.

We're wondering if you folks would want to engage in a little mutual aid on
this map?  What we have in mind is giving you guys copies of the poster at a
low cost ($3-5, like 33% of normal cost) and you can have them to sell as a
fundraiser at $8-10 and raise consciousness around your community.  We
really see this as a win-win situation.  We get to move more maps around the
country through other IMCs; you folks get easy access to the map and a
fundraiser; people in your town get a great map.  We can talk about doing
some kind of consignment, too.

We're doing a lot of things to promo this map -- swapping ads with Clamor,
The Nation, Monthly Review, Satya; Powell's is buying some to sell in their
bookstore; Democracy Now would like to buy some as thank yous for their
supporters. But we really want to get this out to other IMCs too.

At a minimum, please send email me an address where we can send a sample
copy of the poster.  If you're interested in this other mutual aid ideas,
please let me know.

"A Threat to Peace" map
www.indypendent.org/terrormap.html

Take care,