[Imc-web] Hidden Story

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 24 19:34:06 CST 2003

I have hidden this story:
<http://www.ucimc.org/newswire/display/9782/index.php>

I am willing to consider other arguments, but I consider this to be
advertising for this reason. Although it is constructed as basically a
movie review, the reviewer in this case, Mr. Chance, apparently has
financial interest in the film. You can follow the link provided and see
that he is listed as the distributor.

A movie review would normally be acceptable, although somewhat a
questionable use of space on the Newwswire, but when the reviewer has a
direct financial interest, that's advertising in my book.

In addition, Mr. Chance posted this to the Local Newswire. He has been a
consistent abuser of the Local Wire and has been warned about this exact
thing several times before. I would argue that this needs to be taken
into consideration in our future dealings with him, although I am not,
at this time, calling for his banning based just on that. But it is
something to keep in mind.