[Imc-web] An opportunity for the UCIMC web site?

Jason Pitzl-Waters jpitzl at wildhunt.org
Fri Jan 3 08:26:17 CST 2003

Since the demise of the CUCV, there is going to be a huge local gap in arts
coverage. Perhaps the UCIMC could use this time to become a source of
information and interaction with the arts communities in this town.

What if we set up a sub-domain on ucimc.org like

"arts.ucimc.org"

Set it up with an open-publishing system like on the front page, make a new
header, put together some local link collections and then publicize it all
of the local theatre, gallery, improv, music venues, writers, etc etc to
use this as a place to get the word out about their events and activities.

We can then promote this page to as many people as possible.

There could be many benefits to doing this, and I'm sure there will be
plenty of people willing to help maintain a site such as this.

If it is successful this could become a model for all the other IMCs.

What does everyone think? Is this doable? Would this be something the UCIMC
would want to do?

Jason Pitzl-Waters
The Middle Room Gallery
@ The Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center