[Imc-web] What's Local -- What's Not

JASON MIEREK jmierek at msn.com
Tue Jan 7 21:56:13 CST 2003

"Now I see that it has migrated back to the Local Newswire. I guess I'm
OK with that, but it also opens us up to charges of discrimination in
what is considered local news. Why should we kick spammers like DAN off
of the Local wire for reposts from a different point of view, but let
gehrig post this particular story there?"

Mike, when you say that the post "migrated back" does this mean that the
poster moved the story back to the Local Newswire?  I agree that this is a
good issue to discuss tomorrow evening.  Perhaps we already have an implicit
policy---you call DAN a "spammer"---it is okay if folks repost occasionally
(maybe they did not know it was a repost), but if they take up too much
space or keep doing something after they've been asked to stop (these are
the behaviors I assume bring on the label "spammer") then we move to stage
two and deal with them.

Sincerely,

Jason