[Imc-web] New Member

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 10 00:18:35 CST 2003

Alesia,
Good to have you with us. The Web group meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays
of the month at 7pm at the IMC, which makes this Wed. a meeting day. You
are, or course, invited, but you can also just hang out on the list to
see what's up . Decisions are made by consensus and we are always glad
to have new ideas.

You might want to check the archives to get a sense of what recent hot
topics have been. Our Editorial Policy is available on the left sidebar
of the webpage amongst the other local links, so that you know what the
general basis of our discussions is when dealing with policy violations.
Some of the things that we deal with in the Web group involve
long-standing issues, particularly in regards to certain abusers of the
website, so if we can seem a little harsh toward certain people, it's
because there's a history to it.

It's not all irritating stuff. There's also a redesign of the webpage
that Danielle and otehrs have been working on. Clint is the chief Dada
software engineer, although I'm sure he would like to propagate this
knowledge since he has his hands full with news coordinating, etc these
days. The Radical Librarians, the Public i, and the Shows/Gallery groups
all have their own webpages which might welcome some more help. There
are some other website things going on that I've skimmed over, only
because I personally am clueless when it comes to php, etc. Please ask
if anything is more mysterious than it would seem to us and we'd be glad
to explain the background.

Mike Lehman