[Imc-web] FYI

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Thu Sep 11 00:26:18 CDT 2003

Soltec had site wide problems today several times that left ALL of
their DSL customers with internet access. They claim these problems
were not their fault but were Ameritech/SBC's problems.

Today my net was down during the following periods:

10:32-11:15
16:19-16:47
18:01-18:56 (!)
20:24-22:13 (!!)
23:00-23:02

I am going to call tomorrow to try to get to the bottom of how bad
these problems are and whether they've been resolved.

I am still moving forward with getting a second DSL line installed as
a backup so that if we need to we can dump Sol Tec's service. Having a
backup line to fall back on give us much better negotiating
ability. Ordering a new DSL line is a very slow process.

I've also ordered the parts for a second server which gives more
flexibility in migrating from one network to another and better backup
capabilities in case of hardware failure. They shipped today, I
probably won't have time to build the server until I return from
vacation (I'm leaving in 1 week and returning Oct 1st).